New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't see computer in network neighborhood

I have set up a network with a couple of computers. The server is an NT machine and two of the other machines are win 2000. The last is a win 98 machine. I can't seem to see the 98 machine on the network. I can see all the other machines on the 98 machine. What settings should I check.
    Todd Davis
    bmwtinut@yahoo.com

Thanks

Re: Can't see computer in network neighborhood

On the 98 machine: (1) File sharing enabled in network properties; (2) workgroup matches the workgroup on the other machines (I forget which tab this is on, perhaps Identity). That's all that come to mind.

New Lounger
    Thanks

A known glitch when mixing Win9X with NT or 2K networks. For whatever reason, the NT machines can't see the Win9X box. Make sure you include the NetBui protocol to all machines, and if that doesn't work, try adding IPX/SPX to the Win98 machine.

Lounger
    Thanks

Good call Editor, that's what I was thinking too.
    First make sure you can ping it. Go to a DOS window on another PC, type ping then the IP address (ping 192.168.1.10), do that first to make sure there is connectivity between it and the others.
    If that works, try going to one of the NT boxes and going Start - Run and typing [IP of Win98 PC][Share name] Example would be 192.168.1.1cdrive
    If this works then it's a browsing problem and the solution mentioned above should fix it, adding NetBUI.