2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What's the easiest way to superimpose two JPG images, one on top of the other ?

What's the easiest way to superimpose two JPG images, one ontop of the other, so that I can see both of them at the same time? The only graphics program that I useregularly is MS Publisher 2003 which doesn't seem to be able to do that.I have occasionally tried to use other (free)graphics programs but they are always so complicated that I can't figure outhow to do what I want to do.But Iassume that there is some way to do what I want to do; so what's the easiestway to do what I would like to do?Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thanks
    Sorry but MS Publisher is a low-end Desktop Publishing program, not a graphics program.

You should still be able to get a free copy of Adobe Photoshop CS2. Check this link to a post on WSL that gives more info.

No dedicated graphics program with the tools to do what you want (layers, masks, etc.) is going to be easy for a newcomer. Photoshop does have a learning curve but one of its biggest advantages is the thousands of tutorials available.

For example, have a look at this Blending Two Images Seamlessly with Photoshop tutorial and/or this How to Overlay Pictures article.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2016-08-09 at 09:18.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

werewolf (2016-08-13)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Rick - sigh, I guess I'll have to try to figure out Photoshop. One more question:
    the adobe download page has twelve different programs, including Photoshop CS2. Is that the only one I need?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfarmer View Post
    One more question: the adobe download page has twelve different programs, including Photoshop CS2. Is that the only one I need?
    You could download the whole Adobe CS2 suite for free if you wanted but you only actually need Photoshop CS2 to do the superimposing.

I don't use Photoshop myself but my Dad used to, so I know that it's one of the best graphics programs for doing what you want.

Hope this helps...