Thanks

Something I wasn't aware of

I had decided to put off the AU to 1607, so I checked "Defer Upgrades" and still have 1511. When I booted W10 this morning it wasn't finding any updates for 1511 so I finally clicked on "Check for Updates" and Lo & Behold there came the 1511 updates which brought it to build 10586.545.
    Evidently Defer Updgrades means that you have to manually check for updates for the older version.
    I guess ya learn something new every day, LOL. Anyway, just posted this in case someone else doesn't realize that.

davidhk
    It may be of interest to read this article:

Source

excerpt :

Microsoft’s Explanation

Microsoft explains the “Defer upgrades” option in this way:

“Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.”

Adding : reading from another forum and NOT from Microsoft, it is said that the length of deferral is 4 months.
    Last edited by davidhk; 2016-08-09 at 15:33.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to davidhk For This Useful Post:

lumpy95 (2016-08-09)

Thanks
    Just a point of contention with the article which says that security updates will be allowed through even though defer updgrades is checked, today there was a cumulative update and a security update + the malicious software removal tool and a windows defender update.
    Nothing would have come through without me clicking on "Check for Updates" ( unless WU was extremely late this morning ). Even windows defender updates haven't been coming through automatically, so I have been been opening windows defender and manually clicking on updates.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    I had decided to put off the AU to 1607.
    Why?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
    Why?
    Because I would like to wait until some of the problems are already sorted out with the upgrade first. Have you read any forums lately? Sounds like your upgrade went swell, I'm just tickled pink for you. Have a GREAT day.

see my post as an example http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...roblem-with-AU
    Last edited by lumpy95; 2016-08-11 at 12:23.