Thanks

Show date in tray clock

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and will probably have a lot of little niggling problems that I cannot figure out. Here's one.

In Windows 7 I could display the date and time in the tray. Now I can only display the time. The date appears if I hover over it, but I am getting tired of that. I am old and stressed and my short term memory isn't what it should be. I find myself glancing over there quite often to get the date when I am doing my bookkeeping and not seeing it. I've looked in the various settings and cannot find anything. I've noticed that a lot of things need to be fixed in the registry with Windows 10, so maybe this is another. (Kinda backwards, if you ask me, but I've never had to make so many registry changes in all of the computers and operating systems I've ever owned combined as I have had to do with Windows 10.)

So if anyone can tell me how to turn on the date display in the tray clock I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

Thanks
    The only way I'm aware of is to make the taskbar double height .

Right-click on the empty area of the taskbar and uncheck the “Lock taskbar” option. Place the mouse pointer at the top edge of the taskbar until the pointer changes into a double-headed arrow, then drag it toward the top of the screen to increase the height.

Jerry

Thanks
    Just discovered that you can also get the date by using Large taskbar icons.

Right click on a blank area of the taskbar and click on settings. Set Use Small Taskbar icons to off.

Jerry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

gsmith-plm (2016-08-15)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    The only way I'm aware of is to make the taskbar double height.
    Hah! Close enough. I keep my taskbar on the side of my widescreen monitor. It is a far more efficient use of space than at the bottom. You can get a lot more tasks in view before they start to stack and a lot more little icons in the tray. Well the Windows 10 upgrade kept that orientation, but apparently subtly changed the dimension of the date or tray or something. I stretched out the taskbar a couple of pixels and out popped the date!

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Backspacer - glad that you found the answer. With a taskbar at the bottom of the screen, dragged to double-height, and with large size taskbar icons, both as suggested by Jerry, I get the day of the week as well. Retired, at age 70, I sometimes need to be reminded!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspacer View Post
    I keep my taskbar on the side of my widescreen monitor. It is a far more efficient use of space than at the bottom.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFleming View Post
    With a taskbar at the bottom of the screen, dragged to double-height, and with large size taskbar icons, both as suggested by Jerry, I get the day of the week as well.
    I also get the day [and date] with the side placement and small icons.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607; Office 2016 (365 Home) x32; Win Defender, MBAM Pro

ASRock H97 Anniversary; Xeon E3-1231V3 (like i7)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970; 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600
    Logitech MX Master mouse; Roccat Isku kb

Thanks
    Hmmm... don't ask me to explain it but, when I switch my taskbar from the bottom to the side, Firefox (with 66 tabs open... I know, I know, I'm just lazy) is suddenly more responsive. No other changes made other than moving the taskbar. Weird.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Just discovered that you can also get the date by using Large taskbar icons.
    Never paid any attention to this but you're right. Good catch.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)