Thanks

Renaming the Desktop Icon

Okay, I decided to reset my system with my Microsoft account as the key account. But in so doing, I also want to have the desktop icon showing as CWBillow. But the Microsoft settings only allow two word logins.

Isn't there a way to set my account login as CWBillow, a one word login?

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    In a word, no. CW Billow would be acceptable to MS.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    In a word, no. CW Billow would be acceptable to MS.
    What do they expect people with only one name to do?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogknees View Post
    What do they expect people with only one name to do?
    make one up, I guess!
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    If all you're talking about is the displayed name of the computer icon on the desktop, that can be renamed using Control Panel > System > Change settings.

That will bring up the System Properties dialog with the Computer Name tab highlighted. At the bottom is "To rename this computer or change its domain or workgroup, click Change". Click the Change button and type in CWBillow, and OK your way back out.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    It's not the computer icon, but the user icon name -- that is "attached" to user login name that I'm after.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    It's not the computer icon, but the user icon name -- that is "attached" to user login name that I'm after.
    Then we're back to "no". The user ID when signing in with a MS account is taken from the registration fields when you set up the MS account; first name, last name. That is where the user ID is from. The registration won't accept a single name, either first or last.

I found no workaround. As I said in my first reply, CW Billow will be accepted, but you'll have to go through the registration process to change it.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Thanks.

Chuck