Thread: File as problem

New Lounger
    Thanks

File as problem

I am running Windows 10 and Office 365. I recently reset the PC and now every time I select "file as" I get a message "Contacting the server for information". I am using One Drive but have set it to have all my files available on my PC. I want it to file straight to the PC and upload to the cloud later. It used to do this but I cannot get rid of the message above and I get the same response when trying to open a file and have to resort to File Explorer to open the file on the PC. Also when going to "New" in word it opens up a search of templates on the web and again I have to rsort to file explorer to get to my personal templates. Agian this used to work properly. It is driving me mad, can anyone help?

Thanks
    Re your general question, is this behavior happening with all programs, or only with some?
    If in MS Office, does it happen when you use the F12 shortcut?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlee View Post
    when going to "New" in word it opens up a search of templates on the web and again I have to rsort to file explorer to get to my personal templates.
    I avoid "New" in MS Office whenever I can. For Word, I open the templates I use regularly and pin them to Word's taskbar icon [Word itself is pinned to the taskbar].
    Then a new doc is right-click Word's icon, click the template I want to use. Perhaps this will work for you as a work-around.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607; Office 2016 (365 Home) x32; Win Defender, MBAM Pro

ASRock H97 Anniversary; Xeon E3-1231V3 (like i7)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970; 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600
    Logitech MX Master mouse; Roccat Isku kb