New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2016 Folders Missing after overnight upgrade to WIN 10 Version 1511 (Build 10586.545)

Overnight, my computer automatically updated to Version 1511 - Build 10586.545, and now Outlook 2016 (Office 365 Subscription version 16.0.7070.2033) won't display folders or sync email. I can read all of my mail on my iPhone 6 using Outlook on that device. Can someone point me to a solution to be able to see them on my Win 10 PC? I've searched and found no solutions that worked.

Thanks in advance.

Tim in Burien, WA

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As an update, two updates were automatically installed to the system overnight: KB3172729 (a security update) and KB3176493 (a Cumulative update). I've uninstalled both (separately), rebooted, and still cannot see my folders in Outlook on my PC. I can find the OST file and it appears to be the correct size (684,232KB) and it gets updated from time to time. It still just is not displaying.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you tried to repair the Office installation? Go to Control Panel | Programs | Uninstall a program. Select Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus and click Change
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Have you tried to repair the Office installation? Go to Control Panel | Programs | Uninstall a program. Select Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus and click Change
    Thanks for the tips. I did both the quick fix and the extended fix with no effect.

What's interesting is that I can (& have been able) to do a search on the mailbox and it returns what appears to be the correct results. But there's still no display of the current inbox.

I can also successfully create a test message in Outlook on my PC and it can be read on my iPhone but it does not show up in Outlook on the PC.
    Last edited by Timmer; 2016-08-13 at 20:08.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think that I solved it. The default view was changed from the correct one to one that has not been used in a while. When I changed it back to the correct OST file, the messages display. The missing folder structure is now viewable by changing the FOLDER PANE.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Great!!! Glad you figured it out. Thanks for posting back.
    Joe