Thanks

7 Reasons XP refuses to die

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

lumpy95 (2016-08-15)

Thanks
    Good article LOL.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an older PC that I use just for video editing. It's still happily running Windows XP which runs smooth as silk. My main computer, on the other hand is running Windows 10 Pro with all sorts of little niggling problems.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a few XP machines, too. They have run without complaints, for the most part, for several years now. I had to replace a case fan or two over the last decade, and last year I had to replace a video card. I keep three around for old programs which I still need occasionally.

My Windows 10 machines haven't given me any significant problems, yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Nice read. I still use XP in a VM (typing this now in my XP VM). It's just works; that's my answer. Unfortunately, it's now showing it's age for certain sites that use particular SHA encryption and such. So far they are few (and I've worked around those issues). Regardless, I know there will come a day when XP won't work any longer. Hope that time's still several years away. I just wish Microsoft would have released XP to the open source folk for continued support.

Yes; I protect XP itself via sandboxie. Also, I use XP as a sandbox for my now Win10 installation.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Big businesses who are still using XP tend to use them behind a server so they aren't as vulnerable as they would be for the home user, but it's not just the cost of upgrading, it may also mean revamping the software they use in their businesses - and if it works....

Thanks
    Many small companies, are still running programs that were written over a decade ago, and the companies that wrote them are no longer in business. They run just great on Windows XP, but not on the newer OS's.

So if it still works........
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!