iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Windows 10-style updating comes to Win7/8.1

On Security

Windows 10-style updating comes to Win7/8.1

By Susan Bradley

Despite complaints from many quarters about Windows 10's forced, cumulative updates, Microsoft is pushing its new patching standard onto Win7 and Win8.1.

From Microsoft's perspective, the change is an attempt to get rid of the archaic releases and fracturing in the updating process. Whether the new model will be good or bad for consumer-Windows users, only time will tell.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/on-security/windows-10-style-updating-comes-to-win78-1/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The 1st problem with my window 7 operating system due to the new download system and I am instantly switching to Apple.

If it sounds like I have had a bellyful of Microsoft and their heavy handed ways so be it

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Good article and I get Microsoft's problem but they are not just pushing patches - they are forcing all sorts of other crud. It's like I get a new house and buy all new furniture and decorate it how I want it then while I'm out someone comes and changes all the furniture and redecorates in a style I hate. "great new features" they say. I spend my time putting everything back and repairing stuff they've broken - but hey, they think they can come back any time they like and mess up my place. Aint going to happen. I hoped they might rethink this as they are making long-time customers really angry, but if not thought I had at least to the end of support for 7 to jump ship. It looks like I might have to drop Microsoft sooner. Sad, I've been with Windows since 3.1.