Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 - Exchange... Tasks Don't Show

Hi,

Bit of an odd one - been trying to get my tasks to show on the right hand side and the only way I seem to be able to do this is to switch into offline mode (aka cached exchange mode) which sort of defeats the purpose of having a permanent connection to the Exchange server. Especially as I never actually need to work in an offline mode.

Thoughts?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Going to bump this as still haven't found a fix yet.

Thanks
    I may be wrong bit I always thought that having an Exchange server implies that you are part of an organisation, not a stand alone person. If that is the case shouldn't you be asking the IT section of the people supplying you with an Exchange account?

See this page for more on Exchange
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Cached Exchange Mode just enables a way for you to work offline. It does NOT mean you are automatically working offline. There is a brief period where changes made to the local mailbox copy but not yet synced to the server.

I can't find anything definitive but tasks may not be displayed without cached exchange mode because instant search works with tasks and only works with cached exchange mode.
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I may be wrong bit I always thought that having an Exchange server implies that you are part of an organisation, not a stand alone person. If that is the case shouldn't you be asking the IT section of the people supplying you with an Exchange account?

See this page for more on Exchange
    You're not wrong and I have asked - many times. In frustration I am seeking other avenues of those that may actually be able to suggest something.Irrespective of that, does it really matter if I ask here as well or even instead of (if that were the case)?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Cached Exchange Mode just enables a way for you to work offline. It does NOT mean you are automatically working offline. There is a brief period where changes made to the local mailbox copy but not yet synced to the server.

I can't find anything definitive but tasks may not be displayed without cached exchange mode because instant search works with tasks and only works with cached exchange mode.
    Your response is appreciated and your comment about the offline aspect is understood.

Administrator
    Thanks
    What version of Exchange Server?
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What version of Exchange Server?
    How would I find that out from just the client end?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Can't find it unless you have access to the server. You'd be better off to ask.
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can't find it unless you have access to the server. You'd be better off to ask.
    Well I can do that - not sure how long until I get a response.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbyd View Post
    You're not wrong and I have asked - many times. In frustration I am seeking other avenues of those that may actually be able to suggest something.Irrespective of that, does it really matter if I ask here as well or even instead of (if that were the case)?
    Fair enough, but the organisation I worked for had strict rules about what was allowed and what wasn't, and would only deal with anything that was (in their view) important. I suspect that even if someone was able to give you a solution, it may be that you couldn't implement it anyway.

I hope your IT people get their act together for you - is it affecting many others in your organisation?
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand