CDK

Outlook 2000 and how to transfer mail file?

Help, I'm having a problem.

As a previous user of Exchange I'm used to being able to transfer what was then an .OST file to a location of my choice for use later, ie after a reload of the hard drive.

Now I've moved to Outlook 2000, and I'm having a headache!.
    Tech Net says the old OST is still in existence in a folder under my profile folder. The question is why can't I see it now? A search of the hard drive finds nothing, either OST PST or anything similar.

I'm getting very keen now to carry out a rebuild of a PC which has all of my outlook mail on it. I don't want to loose the info, nor do I want to have to carry out a long and expensive resynch from my internet mail server.

So How do I find and transfer this elusive file which contains all of my current data?.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 and how to transfer mail file?

the search utility can't find *.ost on your drive? it's probably gone then. Was exchange and ost on the drive and you upgraded it to outlook?

CDK

Exchange was previously on the machine certainly, but what's confusing me is if the OST no longer exists where is my mail stored now? (I can read all mail items whilst offline !!)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

it's there somewhere.
    the search tool dodn't find it? look in tools > services > exchange acct properties and see what the ost path is.