4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OneNote Sync Issues

I used to use Evernote but when they took away more than 2 devices for a free account, I'm not in a position right now to pay for it, but I would, I switched to OneNote. I am using the free version. All went well with the transfer, I have over 300 Notes in about 15 Notebooks and all the ones that I have looked at have been fine.

I use the OneNote desktop app on my Toshiba laptop and also have an Iphone 6s and an Ipad 3. I have a couple of the Notebooks that I share with my wife. She also uses an Iphone 6s. Some files will sync just fine and I have others that just won't or they will but it takes a log time. I have looked through this forum as well as others and have not found a solution. Sometimes on my Iphone I get an error that says that there is a problem with a section but as far as I know, I don't have any sections in my notes. Evernote synced just fine between my 4 devices.

On some of my notes, we use check boxes, they are grocery lists. I don't know if this could be the cause of the problem or not. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    donebb,

I too have switched to OneNote and initially had a problem with syncing to the desktop version. What solved the problem for me was to sign in on OneNote.com on the computer then select a note and choose edit on desktop.

OnenoteEdit.JPG

Viola all of my notes appeared in the desktop version (2010). Of course YMMV!

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    I too have switched to OneNote and initially had a problem with syncing to the desktop version. What solved the problem for me was to sign in on OneNote.com on the computer then select a note and choose edit on desktop.
    Glad that worked for you. It doesn't work for me - rather it opens the note in the Win10 OneNote App.

What I was able to do is to go to the list of shared documents in the online OneDrive and right-click the note there and choose to open in OneNote. For whatever reason, that one works whereas the toolbar option does not. Go figure.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)