Star Lounger
    Thanks

Home PC - password removal not working

I've never run a PC with password access and it's a PITA now having to do so with W10.

I've tried running <netplwiz> and removing the appropriate tick, but that has no effect.

I've just done this again with my just slightly more computer literate son, and have spotted that the user name in the <netplwiz> window is my hotmail email address and not my name as on the W10 opening screen - is this likely to be the problem and can I just change it?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    I assume that you are trying to bypass the log-on screen rather than actually remove the password. Just to confirm what you have tried, the following is the correct procedure.

Open the Run command box. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    The User Accounts window will open. Under Users for this computer: select your username and then uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply.
    A new window labeled Automatically sign in should appear. Type your password twice and then click OK.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Calimanco For This Useful Post:

oldwood (2016-08-28)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That did it- thanks. Poor instructions elsewhere or my poor following of such instructions !!!