New Lounger

Post Access 2013/2016 Email reports

Hello, I need some help with the following please. I have a report and want to mail parts of it to different people. I have created the report and prints 100% but cannot get this right. There was the same question while back but I cannot find any code. Thanks

Super Moderator
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    As you have discovered, this is a complicated issue. See Access 2010, email report pages to separate people for an extended discussion, and a sample database with code. Briefly, you create a routine that creates a custom report for each person, typically using a filter, and save it as a PDF or Excel file. Then a separate routine generates a custom email using Automation with Outlook and attaches the custom file. Hope this helps.

Alternative option which might be simpler: I use Excel for emailing reports based on Access data, using Excel-Outlook automation.

Create a pivot table based on an Access query, with the peoples names as a filter field [ie not in Columns or Rows]. Then have Excel generate a separate sheet for each person [Pivottable Tools > Analyze > Options > Show Report Filter Pages]. Delete any sheets you don't want sent this time.

Then run a macro to send email. Ron de Bruin has a bunch of routines for this on his Mail from Excel with Outlook (Windows) page. "Mail a different file(s) to each person in a range" might be the one you want.

After one-time setup, it's a 5-minute refresh-check-adjust-click macro job in the future.
    Last edited by Lugh; 2016-09-05 at 08:58. Reason: correction: Show Report Filter Pages
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607; Office 2016 (365 Home) x32; Win Defender, MBAM Pro

ASRock H97 Anniversary; Xeon E3-1231V3 (like i7)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970; 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600
    Logitech MX Master mouse; Roccat Isku kb