New Lounger
    Thanks

Certificate problem

After anniversary update hosed my machine, I did a fresh install of windows (from scratch on a new disc) and thought I might as well move to Office 2013 at the same time. The problem I have is that I connect to Exchange on a Small Business Server over HTTP. The server uses a self signed certificate, and in the past all I have had to do is install the certificate, but now although I have the cert installed in the Trusted Root Authorities store (verifed through the MMC snap in) Outlook still refuses to connect, citing the certificate as not trusted. I suspect that this may be a wider Win10 issue rather than Outlook as I get the same message trying to use remote web workplace.
    Everything was working perfectly on the old Win 10 installation, with the same cert, and Office was one of the first things I added so the installation was virtually pristine. SFC shows no problems, neither does DISM /scanhealth.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    PS I am using the windows "built in" mail to get at my Exchange mail, so I know a)that end is OK, and b)I would never want to use the the built in mail if I could avoid it!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Does the certificate match the domain name? If not Outlook still won't let you in.
    This thread has a fix. http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=48935

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, name matches, and I was using the same cert to access it before Anniversary mayhem, but 2010 not 2013. Reason I think it is a Win problem not Outlook is that the behaviour with RWW is the same, I can view the certificate, accept it, and then it will say there is a problem with the cert. Outlook does not offer me the option to continue. I am finding that anniversary update is highly unstable - apart from this I am getting system crashes almost daily, as opposed to my upgraded from Win7 old installation which was rock solid.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    What problem does it show with the certificate?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    screenshot of the outlook message
    Microsoft Outlook.png

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That seems to imply the certificate has not been installed. Can you confirm the certificate is in your store?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    yep , certmgr shows it installed in the trusted root cert authorities. In fact, checking again now after some attempts at exporting it in a different format, it is in twice. I have also put it in the Enterprise Trust store, just to see if it made any difference.
    Thanks, Paul