Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would think anyone buying a new Windows computer at this point should expect to put Win10 on it. As for upgrading an existing PC, this would not be the first time that you could not upgrade a PC without also upgrading the OS. I've run into that problem before. In some cases, there were simply no drivers for the newer hardware.

This doesn't seem all that sinister to me. Not saying there might not be some nudge-nudge, wink-wink going on here, but...
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    I would think anyone buying a new Windows computer at this point should expect to put Win10 on it.
    I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron desktop PC a few months ago with a Haswell CPU and Windows 7 Pro installed.

Haswell (4th Gen) and Broadwell (5th Gen) were not affected by the Skylake (6th Gen) "bug" (Microsoft threatening to cut off support next year for Windows 7 PCs with Skylake or newer CPUs). Not very many Broadwell chips were made, but as of a few months ago you could still get new PCs with Windows 7 and Haswell chips.