New Lounger
    Thanks

HP 932c printer toolbox and WIN 10

Upgrading my computer from WIN 7 to WIN 10 has resulted in HP's toolbox for my 932c printer being lost. I've been through HP's driver resource and the response is that the printer driver is built in to WIN 10. Yes, the printer prints fine, however the loss of maintenance tools like clean the cartridge, ink levels, etc. is very troublesome. Might someone have a resource to restore the toolbox?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I would suggest that you uninstall the printer then reinstall afresh and if it needs any additional drivers then I would think Win Update would supply them, but it could have been a Win 10 driver update that took out the toolbox.

If a reinstall restores full functionality of the toolbox then you can block Win 10 from auto installing driver updates, which you may want to do first before the reinstall.

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-...on-windows-10/

Thanks
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/.../19034/drivers will give you the latest W10 driver and software.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevesvetlik View Post
    Upgrading my computer from WIN 7 to WIN 10 has resulted in HP's toolbox for my 932c printer being lost. I've been through HP's driver resource and the response is that the printer driver is built in to WIN 10. Yes, the printer prints fine, however the loss of maintenance tools like clean the cartridge, ink levels, etc. is very troublesome. Might someone have a resource to restore the toolbox?
    Also be aware that's an old printer [I used to have a 970]. Manufacturers can submit drivers to Microsoft for inclusion in Windows but seldom include the features software that would be available on the CD that came with the printer, probably are only simple drivers to make the device usable. A large part of older device support is it costs money to pay programmers to update software for devices that are long out of production and the sales have ended which does not provide the money for paying for that support. Some call it planned obsolescence but it's simply economics, as technology changes or improves the users have to keep up.
    Last edited by Berton; 2016-09-06 at 10:34.