New Lounger
    Thanks

Post Which one do you guys prefer? OneNote, GoogleDocs, MS office

well, this is pretty confusing question. I can easily neglect OneNote from the list. I am using Gdocs and MS office apps regularly. I prefer Google docs as it can be easily accessible from anywhere and is supported in almost all platforms. what do you guys think? I have a friend who uses Evernote and records his voice messages and stack it. I don't know much about Evernote. If you guys have any comments on this matter please share it.

The reason Why I support Gdoc is that it can be easily accessible using a browser. The main problem here we face with office files is that sometimes it becomes corrupted and we need to take a backup all time. Some old versions of MS office will not support those docs which were created in latest versions of MS office. This one is most frustrating one as most of us can't always update to latest products(upgrade).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Apples and Oranges. OneNote and Evernote are "notetaking" applications. Office and GoogleDocs are office suites with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.

What do you want to do with it?
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    You can use MS Office online if you want to use web applications.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Office is available via web apps on almost any platform. IMO, if you want the best in compatibility & usability choose Office.
    Joe

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Google Doc and Microsoft is both are working fine.
    with the combination or Dropbox and Microsoft Office it also work like a Google Doc. in that sense. i like both of them and used as well.
    Last edited by satrow; 2016-09-07 at 11:37.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kerryvietor View Post
    Google Doc and Microsoft is both are working fine.
    with the combination or Dropbox and Microsoft Office it also work like a Google Doc. in that sense. i like both of them and used as well.
    Yes, that is correct. But in my experience, Gdocs works well with charts and other graphics especially in chrome and also Docs have special extensions for chrome to enhance the online experience.
    For mobile devices, most of the android devices are having limitations in handling Microsoft products.
    Works created using latest versions of MS office may not open in older versions. This is one of the common problem associated with works done on MS office. As google doc is a web oriented office product we can access it using any browser( works well with chrome). We can also download the google docs in other file formats.
    Just searched on this matter and found this. https://www.acanac.com/blog/document...s-google-docs/
    As per this article , OneNote also has some issues on other platforms, especially with MAC and Android platforms. But at the end, they prefer OneNote over Gdoc due to simple learning curve

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I also like to work with Office. The problem I found in the case of office is the version compatibility and file corruption issues. Sometimes it may lead to data loss.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I encourage working with h Webapps, In the sense of security. Recently heard about an Infection on office files. Office online and Gdocs are safe from such viruses

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer View Post
    I encourage working with h Webapps, In the sense of security. Recently heard about an Infection on office files. Office online and Gdocs are safe from such viruses
    Trouble is that they are incomplete. It's pointless and frustrating having half an application when you commonly use all of it.