New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 - No option to Enable Editing or Enable Content

Hi all.

I have been distributing a document to users via email and experiencing some intermittent issues.

Sometimes when a user opens the document, they are not being presented with the options at the top of the document to either enable editing or subsequently to enable content. This prevents them from being able to run a macro contained in the document.

The issue is intermittent for users. Sometimes I've had to resend the document, sometimes if the user saves to disk then opens it works, others have simply had it work after repeated attempts.

Any machine that I have checked the settings of (Trust Centre etc) I have only found settings to be the same as my own. Nothing odd anywhere that I have found.

Has anybody else experience such random behaviour and possibly point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Andy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In my experience it appears that the yellow bar appears when the file is opened but disappears after a while. If you ignore it for a while it could easily 'appear' to not have been there at all. I suspect the trigger to hide this option is making an edit although it could conceivably be a specific time delay that kills it off.

Of course, it is easy to avoid the problem completely by getting the users to save the file into a trusted folder.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply on this.

An interesting thought. I've had one or two users make a comment that they saw the message bar pop up but disappear before they could click to enable editing or content.

It seems though that once it's disappeared it doesn't come back.

Thanks,

Andy