Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Post Win 1607 Update: Outlook Calendars Issue

I just updated my Windows 10 computer to the anniversary update. All went well, but now my iCloud calendars don't appear in Outlook 2016. The error says, "The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened." I have done some searches on the web, but not much luck.

The "Calendar - iCloud" option cannot be checked.

What's up? How do I get my calendars back?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    WSC - I've been there too this week.

I uninstalled and re-installed iCloud for Windows several times, did a repair of my Office 2010 installation, all to no effect. (Note, I'm using 2010, not 2016). Started posting on Apple forums (fora?); not much help.

Then, the penny dropped. One or other of the Ruiware apps, WinPrivacy or WinAntiRansom, was stopping iCloud for Windows from installing fully and signing me in to my iCloud calendar and contacts data. I disabled both of these, ran the iCloud install yet again, and it all worked. You will also need to be sure that the iCloud Outlook add-in is functioning.

That's my experience, and you may or may not be using these or other privacy apps. While researching the issue, I also found several people reporting this problem, and attributing it to an Office 2016 update going in almost simultaneously with the update of Windows 10 to AU ver 1607. People report solving the problem by rolling back the Office 2016 upgrade, then applying iCloud. My search term was "Windows 10 AU 1607 breaks iCloud", or something like that. Let me know if I may help further.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    WSC - I intended to add that iCloud for Windows has just updated to version 6.0. Implicit acceptance by Apple that some things might be broken??

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey John,

I don't have any of the privacy apps you mention. And, iCloud recently updated on my computer, but my calendars worked fine. I can't tell what version of iCloud that I have.
    What is the "iCloud Outlook add-in?" How do I find it and make sure that it's working?

How do I roll back an Office update?

Have you seen this?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    If I try to log off of iCloud, i get a scary message about erasing all of my data. I'm not sure if I'll lose all of my email too.

Thoughs? And thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    WSC3 - looking down your Apple discussions thread, you get to the bit about downgrading the Office update. I was glad that I didn't have to downgrade my Office installation, as it sounded a bit scary, somewhat beyond my comfort zone. There are plenty of descriptions from others, and the Apple thread references one or more Microsoft forum threads.

I find my Outlook, and indeed all my Office, add-ins in File > Options > Add-ins. This refers to Outlook 2010, and the route to it may be different in 2016. In Outlook 2010, I needed to have iCloud Outlook add-in in the section of active application add-ins, and you can activate or de-activate it from this screen.

Your iCloud version is seen in the top right of the iCloud control panel, which I launch from the Start Menu.

I hope that this may be of some small help. Good luck.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the add-in's. I do have one labeled "iCloud Outlook Add-in" and a dll, APLZOD32.dll as the designated file.

I don't see anything in the link I gave you about downgrading Office, at least not on the first page. It just tells me to sign off and then back onto iCloud. The warning message is that files will be deleted from my computer. Which files? Email? Do you have any idea?

I have iCloud v. 6. It worked fine until 1607.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Why are you going to roll back an Office update if you started having problems after a Windows update?

How do you configure the iCloud add-in? Can you have it find the local file again?
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I performed the steps here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

The error went away, but I'm not syncing with iCloud in contacts nor calendars.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP517: I don't know how to configure the iCloud add-in. I see it under Outlook/Options. How do have it find the local file again?

I unchecked the box for "icloud Outlook add-in", exited Outlook, brought it back up again, and rechecked the box. No affect.

What do I need to do?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Other suggestions are to uninstall and reinstall iCloud on my computer. How do I reinstall icloud?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I found a message out in iCloud to resync with Outlook. And it did. Not sure what made it work, but now i'm connected.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook is still not behaving exactly right, but it's at least connecting. 1607 changed so many things, it's hard to tell what's normal and what's not. Does anybody know what version of Outlook is current (single license, not 365)?

Administrator
    Thanks
    What version do you have?
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sadly you can't copy the version and paste it: 16.0.06868.2067

Administrator
    Thanks
    The current version depends on the update channel in which you participate. Which SKU (Office Home & Business 2016, Office Pro 2016)?
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast