Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to get latest Insider Build

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Use the Update now button at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10 but fully disable your antivirus program before the install.

Lower down will give you the option to create bootable media using the MCT to try and upgrade through a repair install.
    Sudo, good morning. This link does not send me to the latest Insider. Would you have it ?

Thanks. Jean.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It only gives you the latest released version which I'm using, although mine only goes up to 14393.187 with the installation of KB3189866 but for some it would seem it will update to .189

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...tory?ocid=1607

In Settings/Update & Security there's a link for the Windows Insider Program - have you tried that ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Sudo, good morning. This link does not send me to the latest Insider. Would you have it ?

Thanks. Jean.
    AFAIK, there is no ISO for the latest Insider build 14926. The PC has to be setup to use Fast Ring Insider builds and you must use Windows Update to get it.
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning, JoeP.
    All these conditions as per your last message, are fulfilled here, needless to say. I have a feeling that the server is turned OFF or that it noted that 14926 was already D/L'd here and will not allow a repeat. Yes, I had it before on all my three machines but if you go back to that PrnScn of mine, you will see all the "ants" that I got rid of by going back to a previous build, ie: 14915. I am again and still, trying to get this 14926 installed, again . . . no joy !
    Do you know if there is a new build for Insiders in the making ? Seems to me that I faced this situation before and that a new un-installed build could be accepted. I am all ears !
    Have a great day.

I will try this today : http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-get-w...26-iso-images/

Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2016-09-19 at 10:06.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Good morning, JoeP.
    All these conditions as per your last message, are fulfilled here, needless to say. I have a feeling that the server is turned OFF or that it noted that 14926 was already D/L'd here and will not allow a repeat. Yes, I had it before on all my three machines but if you go back to that PrnScn of mine, you will see all the "ants" that I got rid of by going back to a previous build, ie: 14915. I am again and still, trying to get this 14926 installed, again . . . no joy !
    Do you know if there is a new build for Insiders in the making ? Seems to me that I faced this situation before and that a new un-installed build could be accepted. I am all ears !
    Have a great day.

Jean.
    Have you double checked your Insider Preview settings on the PC? Have you tried switch to the Slow ring, re-booting, waiting a few hours, change back to the Fast Ring, re-boot?

There is always another build in the making. We just don't have any idea when it will be released.
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, Joe, I have played with the settings in Insiders, I even got OFF for one day and back on again with a "Resume". Still no 14926 ! I am sure ( ! ) that a flag is set somewhere telling that I already have it.
    The only thing to save me is a new build, methinks. Jean.

Thanks
    Keep your eyes on Windows Update, build 14931 will soon be released anytime soon...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Browni, this is what I was waiting for. Have a great day. Jean,.

Thanks
    It's available now Jean, I'm just about to restart for the install. Fingers crossed!

I'm back!
    Last edited by Browni; 2016-09-21 at 18:52.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Browni, hourrah ! I have it too on two machines, runs fine.
    Jean.

Thanks
    Good to hear it worked for you Jean.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I've moved these posts to their own thread. This was a hijacking of the original thread. Please start your own thread to ask questions such as this.
    Joe