3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thunderbird v Win 10 Mail

I have been happily using Thunderbird for some time but decided to try Win 10 Mail, which I find very easy to use, but am frustrated by having to type in a new contact address into the People app, whereas Thunderbird automatically enters a new contact into its built in address book. Before I go back to Thunderbird because of this frustration is there a way to get Mail to enter a new contact into the People app.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you click on the Sender name you should get a popup menu where one of the entries is "Open Contact". Click that and then you'll be able to save the Contact.
    Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2016-09-24)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you - it works.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
    I have been happily using Thunderbird for some time but decided to try Win 10 Mail, which I find very easy to use, but am frustrated by having to type in a new contact address into the People app, whereas Thunderbird automatically enters a new contact into its built in address book. Before I go back to Thunderbird because of this frustration is there a way to get Mail to enter a new contact into the People app.
    Hi Mike..I also use Thunderbird to send documents by email. I would like to try using Win 10 mail as you did. I went to default programs in Win options and used Mail for email program, but TBird still opens when I try to send a Word Doc or PDF for example. How did you change to Mail?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jersey Ernie - sorry if this response to your question is a little late. You may need to change the default email app setting in Windows 10. Click through the following: Settings --> System --> Default Apps --> Email. I would think your current assigned app is Thunderbird. Click on that icon, and select Mail from the list. I hope that's what you were looking for, and that this works for you.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrewerx View Post
    Jersey Ernie - sorry if this response to your question is a little late. You may need to change the default email app setting in Windows 10. Click through the following: Settings --> System --> Default Apps --> Email. I would think your current assigned app is Thunderbird. Click on that icon, and select Mail from the list. I hope that's what you were looking for, and that this works for you.
    Thanks for the suggestion Fyrewerx but I already have done that and Mail is the email default app. That is what has me confused as to why Thunderbird still opens.