2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Download a .wpd file (FP 2000)

Hello: I am having trouble getting a hyperlink to function. I want site users to be able to download a Word or WordPerfect version of a document.
    Both documents are stored in the same folder on the site and I have specified hyperlinks to each document. I am using Internet Explorer 5.0 and Netscape 4.7 for testing.
    When I click on the Word document, it appears in the browser window. ( Word 2000 is installed on the PC)
    When I click on the WP document, I always get a browser "file not found" full page message. (WP not installed on PC)
    When WP is installed, I continue to receive the same error message.
    When I remove Word from the PC, I get a dialog box asking if I want to open or save to disk option after clicking on the Word document for download.
    I have checked the Source HTML and found no problems in comparing the Word and WP hyperlinks. I can use Windows Explorer and open the .wpd file with WordPerfect, no problem.
    What am I missing??
    Thanks for any assistance

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Download a .wpd file (FP 2000)

Hello:
    Forget the previous request. I continued to fight the situation and everything is okay now, working as it should.
    I deleted the original line of code and hyperlinks, retyped and re-specified the links. Everything started to work as expected.
    Thanks