Thanks

Angry Slow W7 updates, new fix?

Perhaps it's here, since MS has finalised the upcoming WU changes, here's what might be the WU cure they've been hanging onto, KB3177467, aka: Servicing stack update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1: September 20, 2016

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I do not have that update and my WU works quite nicely. Been fixed for close to 2 months now and I even get tray notifications.

Thanks
    Mine's been fixed several times since November last and the last thing I need is a tray notification. The timing of this patch, which is Optional, might suggest that it's aimed at the upcoming changes in the way that WUs are offered, at this point, I really don't know, just putting it out there, in case it's needed.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I guess I think that the lack of tray notifications during the period when WU was not functioning as it should also compounded the issue by causing some people to get behind in the updates thus creating extra pressure on MS servers. I also think that MS may have intentionally messed with WU to try to get people to switch to WX.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I got that update as an out of cycle update and anything that is likely to make Win 7's WUs any easier, I'll use it but didn't have any problems with Sept's updates.