iNET Interactive
    Thanks

A hidden tweak for Windows desktop-border colors

Quick Tips

A hidden tweak for Windows desktop-border colors

By Tracey Capen

For those who like to use their own photos in a desktop-background slide show, Windows offers several ways to display those images.

I suspect most people select the default Fill option, which typically expanses and crops images to fill the entire desktop.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/quick-tips/a-hidden-tweak-for-windows-desktop-border-colors/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

Thanks
    For widescreen displays I prefer the "Fit" option; the "Fill" option tends to distort images that have dimensions that differ too much from the screen's resolution.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    For colour picking, I use the Colorblind Assistant software, 1.5MB Freeware, it gives colours as names, hex and RGB: http://littlesky.org/?q=apps

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use and recommend John's Background Switcher. It's free, and changes the picture every x minutes. In a dual monitor setup, it can display different pictures on each monitor. It will also display file names if you want, and the border colour is automatic, based on the predominant colour in the picture.