2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adjusting two monitors for color match

I've just purchased a second monitor the same make and model as my first one, and I plan to mounted them side by side. Is there some way to get the colors to match better? The native menus are hard to use and so far I'm not convinced I can really make enough of a change in either monitor to get the colors the same. they're ASUS model VS238. It looks like DisplayMate is old and may not even work on Windows 10x64.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Go to Colour Management in Control Panel and set each monitor to use the same colour profile. You may have Adobe RGB (1998) already installed. It displays many more colours than the standard monitor profiles and is a better choice, so select it if its there. You will find a list of whats available under the All Profiles tab. Note that you should set your printer and scanner to use the same profile as the monitor so what you see is what comes out of the printer.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    Go to Colour Management in Control Panel and set each monitor to use the same colour profile.
    Never saw that before - can't say it's particularly user friendly.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Also, make sure that they both utilize the same type of connection -- both VGA, both HDMI, etc. Having different types of connections will mainly affect picture quality, but it could affect the colors as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

Erik47 (2016-09-28)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. That pretty much took care of it. The newer monitor is still slightly brighter but the difference may be due to the age difference in the two monitors.