5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Website forgotten after closing Chrome

Chrome version 53.0.2785.116 m

This behaviour only applies to one website of many that I visit and revisit. THe rest remember me in the way I expect.

1. I enter my credentials, tick the Remember me checkbox and login
    2. If I close the tab but not the browser, I can re-enter the site without logging in again.
    3. If I close the browser I don't expect to be able to bypass the login again but I do expect my details to be filled in already. They aren't - it has forgotten me completely.

I guess that Chrome is erasing something on being closed - is there a way to prevent this ?

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It may be the type of cookie that web site is using. There's something called a third-party cookie and there's a setting in Chrome that tells it how to handle these. It's possible that Chrome is set to discard the cookie when it closes.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have set Chromes cookie settings not to do that.

When I am logged in to the site there are 8 cookies set but when I close and re-open Chrome there are only 7 left. I suppose the 8th one is the culprit

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    When I am logged in to the site there are 8 cookies set but when I close and re-open Chrome there are only 7 left. I suppose the 8th one is the culprit
    It's possible that it's doing something forbidden and you have to re-allow it each time you connect. Where's the Cookie Monster when he's needed to answer questions?
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)