New Lounger
    Thanks

update->MFP scanner no longer workin

Like many others, i have a laser MFP (Canon 4350), for which scanning function was broken, until Canon put out in July of this year driver updates that fixed the problem. The anniversary update broke the Canon toolbox which had been working since July.
    Fortunately, after madly trying many options, i was able to institute a rollback, with the program again working.
    I am sure it is going to take a long, long time for this update incompatibility to be fixed, if ever.
    Have others found this problem on their printer/scanners? Have you found a solution other than rollback?
    I am really concerned about updates being pushed onto computer for Windows 10, causing the same problem. My wife uses the computer for working with scanning and email crucial to her business.
    I have turned off the automatic updates by going into control panel->advanced system settings->hardware->device installation settings and turning that off, but I doubt this stops Windows updates.

Anyone have any thoughts about all of this?

Thank you so much!

Barry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    There is a patch available at the Canon site - imageCLASS MF4350d - patch for network scan, usb scan. It was released September 23.
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you so much.
    i will reinstall the latest patch as well as the Windows update, keeping fingers crossed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The long march from Windows 3.1 to Windows 7 made the technology more and more stable until finally one was able to simply turn on and do one's work.

Now it feels like going back to the days of Windows 98 - when you'd wake up each morning wondering if it was still working, and you had to be a PC technician even though you just wanted to be a user.

I didn't think things would go back some 15 years in one giant leap !