Thanks

HP says sorry (sort of) for crippling third-party ink cartridges

If HP really clogged your nozzles with its printer security update that killed your third-party ink, good news -- in the form of another update -- is on the way.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/hp-says-so...59341748746160

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I haven't been able to use third party ink in my Epson inkjet for a very long time. Is this the industry standard now?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik47 View Post
    I haven't been able to use third party ink in my Epson inkjet for a very long time. Is this the industry standard now?
    I have no issues using third party inks on my Canon Pixma. I print very infrequently since my main printer is a laser but I haven't had any clogging issues with the Canon.

Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    I have no issues using third party inks on my Canon Pixma. I print very infrequently since my main printer is a laser but I haven't had any clogging issues with the Canon.

Jerry
    It's not that it clogs it's that it won't print at all. I get error messages stating that the cartridges are not genuine Epson. It's a WP-4020. A great printer but it uses expensive ink.

Thanks
    It's not that it clogs it's that it won't print at all. I get error messages stating that the cartridges are not genuine Epson. It's a WP-4020. A great printer but it uses expensive ink.
    If that's the case, I guess I will stick with HP or Canon the next time I need a printer.

Thanks
    I realize that but most inkjets will clog as the ink on the head dries if you don't use them frequently enough. This Canon is the first one I've seenthat doesn't do that.

Jerry