Star Lounger
    Thanks

Program worked for years - now failed

I've used a map reading program called Fugawi for at least ten years right through XP, Win 7 and 4 months worth of Win 10. It has the capability to plan routes over the hills and store them.

Suddenly this store has disappeared and when I close the program I get an "Invalid File" message. Otherwise it is working as it used to.

I uninstalled the program twice using CCleaner which didn't remove the application folder the first time, so I deleted that and tried again. No success.

Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks, Rob

Thanks
    Have you had the W10AU. That's been known to break some programs. Check for the store in Explorer. Its possible the store is still there, but with the wrong permissions.
    Presumably you haven't updated the program recently - or ever. An updated version is available. The only drawback is the $150 price tag.

https://www.fugawi.com/store/product/FUGGN-DL/

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    Have you had the W10AU. That's been known to break some programs. Check for the store in Explorer. Its possible the store is still there, but with the wrong permissions.
    Presumably you haven't updated the program recently - or ever. An updated version is available. The only drawback is the $150 price tag.

https://www.fugawi.com/store/product/FUGGN-DL/
    As far as I know I haven't had this update yet - if I have then it must have sneeked it in without me registering it, and that seems to go against the various reports on the update.

I've searched via Explorer with *fug*.* to try and find the store and nothing came up that made me think it was a data store file. Clearly this is not helped by my not knowing what I'm looking for or where it would be.

Thanks for the update on the price !! There's Memory Map at 40 GBP which seems a little easier!
    Rob

Thanks
    This may help

https://fugawi.com/knowledge_base/document/FF12105

Otherwise, you could try looking for *.GPX or*.FSH files, which I think are the types used.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Calimanco For This Useful Post:

oldwood (2016-10-01)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks for your help Calimanco.

I've now found it would appear to be caused by W10 so have re-written the query with new data in that forum.
    Rob