New Lounger
    Thanks

Avoid LightInTheBox.com - Never ending email spam

I went to the LightInTheBox..com website (2 periods to destroy hyperlink so none of you accidentally click) on a legitimate search looking for an adapter. I did not sign up for anything, nor did I purchase anything, and yet I'm being bombarded with advertising email from this site. They have a link to unsubscribe which I've tried *twice* to no avail. And they have ignored my numerous emails asking them to unsubscribe me. DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS SITE!!!

- Jack
    Last edited by jackpet; 2016-10-02 at 11:59. Reason: Clarification and disble link

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jackpet View Post
    I went to the LightInTheBox..com website (2 periods to destroy hyperlink so none of you accidentally click) on a legitimate search looking for an adapter. I did not sign up for anything, nor did I purchase anything, and yet I'm being bombarded with advertising email from this site. They have a link to unsubscribe which I've tried *twice* to no avail. And they have ignored my numerous emails asking them to unsubscribe me. DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS SITE!!!

- Jack
    Here's one solution I found for use with Outlook 2010:

http://superuser.com/questions/40517...ending-to-junk

- Jack

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It bothers me that they were able to get your email just by visiting a site. You never provided your email for any reason?
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    It bothers me that they were able to get your email just by visiting a site. You never provided your email for any reason?
    I don't think I did. I almost ordered a product, then changed my mind, so I'm not 100% sure about the email. One thing I know I didn't do for sure, is sign up for any spam. I always make sure I uncheck any box that asks if you want to receive information, notifications, etc.

Thanks
    Here's how I have been able to stop the incessant emails that some companies insist on sending.

Disclaimer: This is my way of doing it; I'm not sure if this is a Forum-approved method.

If they won't stop sending me stuff, even after I ask them to, I get every email address I can find in the spam email that they sent me, and then create a new email to all of those addresses. I make about 10 copies of one of their spam emails, and paste all 10 into the body of the new email. At the top of the new email, I explain to them that since they won't quit sending me emails, I just wanted them to know how it feels to get spammed with unwanted emails. I then send the new email to all of those people.

After getting a few of those emails, they will take you off of their mailing list.