New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Do Emailed Office Attachments from OneDrive Expose Other OneDrive Folders When Opened?

This is likely a dumb question but I'm new to OneDrive. I have a number of MS Office Word and Excel files on OneDrive that I occasionally need to send as file attachments to emails I send to others. I want to ensure that only the files attached can be opened or read by the addressees. As a test, I resent an email to another of my email addresses and for a few seconds while opening an attachment every folder on my OneDrive was visible. Is this a default setting for OneDrive?

I do not want to share anything else except the file(s) attachments sent to others. What is the best way to prevent unintended file/folder sharing? Thanks for any help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Depends on how you are sending, but most email attachments are a copy of the original. It is possible to send a link to a OneDrive file but it's highly unlikely that you are doing that since you would have hd to purposely enabled sharing.

For some reason, people look upon OneDrive as something strange but it's not. It's mainly a way for you to automatically backup some files to the cloud that you place in a specified directory. Yes, it can also be used to share the files with others, but it takes a definite effort on your part to set that up.
    Last edited by gsmith-plm; 2016-10-05 at 08:14.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, that's what I hoped. Thanks very much!