New Lounger
    Thanks

Word dropdown help

Hey all, I have a form which my company uses several times a day which I would like to improve. We create several affidavits a day based on the same form, we only change a few names and descriptions. I would like to have a dropdown to select the name of the person and have more information show up in different parts of the form based on that selection. I currently have the drop down but it is messy and would like to be a bit cleaner. I am sure I did a shit job of explaining what I have done, any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

COM Template.docx

Thanks
    First, take a look at Repeating Content Controls - Mapped Content Controls and Repeating Data by Greg Maxey.

You need to only use Content Controls and no legacy form fields. You need to restrict editing in your document to no changes (with marked exceptions). In addition, you can bookmark certain content controls and use both REF fields and If Fields to use results in them elsewhere in the document. You need to have the Developer Tab displayed to easily create forms.

Finally, I would urge you to use a Template rather than a document.

Forms in Microsoft Word
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks
    Also, be aware of the Building Block Gallery Content Control which could let you put whole paragraphs or pages in a drop-down.

Automated Boilerplate Using Microsoft Word
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin