2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to set up an iPhone calendar in Outlook 2016?

How would I set up my iPhone calendar in Outlook the 2016 program on my desktop?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Erik - my experience relates to Outlook 2010 and 2013, but should, I think, be applicable to 2016.

Download iCloud for Windows from Apple, and install it. It will, FAIRLY seamlessly, create new calendars in Outlook that contain all your calendar data, also contacts, if you want that. I can't promise you that it will not create duplicates.

You may find, as I have, that Outlook defaults to displaying its own calendar and contacts when it starts up. I haven't found there is much that I can do about this, except to uncheck the native Outlook calendar and contacts files and check the iCloud files. You can also change the display order.

Also, if you save calendar info into Outlook, it will go into the Outlook file, and not into the iCloud calendar, and you may think that you have lost it. It's a simple matter to drag it over into the iCloud calendar.

I hope that this explanation is of some help.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I opened iCloud settings and found that the Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks "With Outlook" was not checked. I checked it and was given an error message that I need to update my default Outlook 2016 profile. How do I do that? I don't see anything relevant in the online Outlook help. When I open the default profile I don't see anything about a calendar.

Image1.jpg

Actually there is a default profile. Odd.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Erik - I don't know whether you have tried looking for other people reporting the same problem as you have. Best idea is to Google-search the exact error message that you are faced with.

See these two links:
    Microsoft community (iCloud errors)

and
    iCloud 5.2 is not communicating with Outlook 2016

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks John. I got my iCloud calendars installed in Outlook 2016 by deselecting it in Outlook and then in iCloud, rebooting, then selecting it in iCloud and letting iCloud install it. So when I select it in the Folder Pane both of my iCloud calendars are displayed. All good so far.

But when I go to email, view, and add Calendar to the To-Do Bar, I get just a generic calendar with no appointments. If I add tasks I get an empty task list. Is there something I'm missing that would let me add my iCloud calendars and tasks to the To-Do Bar?

Thanks.