New Lounger
    Thanks

Interrupted upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. What to do to continue?

Hello! I have a sort of problem; my son interrupted the process of auto-uprgading my Win 7 Professional to Win 10. I cannot restart the upgrade by all means I tried! I do not have unstability on my OS, as well as have no need to change my OS as quick as possible, although Microsoft will plan to drop supporting Win 7, and I will need a new OS anyway. Can I do something to continue or renew auto upgrading?

Best regards.

P.S. I tried to restore my system drive from the bootable image taken by Handy Backup. It was not continue the upgrading process.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    How was it interrupted and did you power shut down and what do you have now when you boot up ?

If you still have Win 7 then you could start afresh - are you using the free Assistive Technologies upgrade or have you bought Win 10 ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Win7 & 8.1 keys MAY still work for free upgrade. They did as of a couple days ago. No telling when Microsoft will cut this off but soon I would suspect.
    Joe

Thanks
    Do you still have the Factory Restore partition and/or install DVD for the original OS? Scuttlebutt indicates you can get your original OS back in great working order, then upgrade again, this time, perhaps have the computer behind a locked door
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/