New Lounger
    Thanks

Hidden files in DropBox

I use Brother software (Control Center 4) for my printer/scanner to scan checks and put them in a folder in DropBox for easy reference. I've just discovered that when I use Explorer to open this folder in DropBox, I cannot see any files after 8/15/2016. But when I use the Save dialog box in Control Center, I can see all my files - even the one from yesterday. I have checked this on DropBox on two other computers not on my local network and the files do not appear on either computer. How do I unhide these files? It's possible that 8/15 is when I added a new user name because the old one seem corrupted for some activities. But why can't I see new files added since then? I installed a fresh instance of DropBox when I created the new user. I've discovered while I cannot see the files in any Office 2007 application, I can see them in Acrobat Reader DC.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you added a new Windows user then the files may have different permissions that prevent you seeing them.
    To check the permissions you need to right click on the files and select Properties > Security. Authenticated Users should have almost all permissions except Full Control.
    To see who owns the files click the Advanced button. You can take ownership from this dialog.

Test with one file and see if that then shows up in DropBox.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think it worked.
    Here's the permissions for one I can see.
    Can See.png

One I can't see
    Can't See.png

And one I changed the permission on.
    Changed.png

I used to be user JERRY
    Now I'm user JWP. What's wrong? And I can no longer see them in Acrobat Reader. [Maybe I was imaging things before.] But all the files are still in the Save As dialog box in ControlCenter 4 (the Brother software). To change the third one, I worked in this Save As dialog box.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It may be file corruption - you changed the user because of this.
    Run CHKDSK on C:, right click on C: and select Properties > Tools > Check.

cheers, Paul