New Lounger
    Thanks

Vbox shared folder and network

For 2 or 3 weeks now, I have been unable to "connect" with my shared folder. This occurred approx after the time of Septembers windows patches and my AV update (Kaspersky) and of course may or may not be related....I have tried (for a short time) disabling the AV, no help.
    I have rebooted and reloaded the guest additions in safe mode and regular mode each several times, I have pathed and repathed the folder under settings and in selecting it or browsing for it vbox is able to see the host and the file and sees it to make a path to it under shared folder settings, I set it at machine, automount, and permanent.
    I do not get a message at boot up that vbox can not connect to the folder like has happened at times in the past with other issues.
    I have tried using a cmd to manually mount the drive....(net use x: \\vboxsvr\NAME)
    Yet when I open explorer, I do not see "VBOXSRV" or my folder.
    Clicking on a pre existing shortcut on my desktop gives me a message about the network does not exist or I do not have authority.
    Can anyone give me some hints as to what to check or change??
    I am running the latest version of WIN 10 as host and guest.
    Thank you!!
    Gwing

Thanks
    It looks like you are not alone... others are having the same problem with VirtualBox. These have mostly been fixed (if only temporarily) by reinstallation of the Guest Additions, which you have already tried several times. It's a bit difficult to know what to suggest.

Have a look at this forum post about the TestBuilds of VirtualBox.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Rick.....will do, and if anything comes up that you are aware of................
    Gwing