New Lounger
    Thanks

Word mailmerge using Access Query - selecting recipient

Hi - I posted this at UtterAccess forum but no responses yet so I'm cross-posting here.

I do mail merges in Word using Access queries as my data source. They work without problems, except... When I go to "Select Recipient", the window that shows me the fields in my query shows the columns in the wrong order. My Access queries all have the customer name in the first column on the left. But when I pull up the "Select Recipient" window, the customer name is several columns over to the right, and I have to scroll way over to find it and select the correct customer.

I've tried dragging the customer name field back to the left, but that change gets lost when I close the merge document so I have to redo it every time.
    How can I make the "Select Recipient" column order be the same as my Access Query column order?

mmselect2.jpg

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Presumably, Word is getting the data structure from the database, not from a Query.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have finally found discussion of this problem, and a putative solution, at this link:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Microsoft...-columns-1.htm

Update: The above solution worked. I'm going to mark this question "solved".
    Last edited by redpenner; 2016-10-17 at 15:13. Reason: Update