Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Word mailmerge using Access Query - selecting recipient

    Hi - I posted this at UtterAccess forum but no responses yet so I'm cross-posting here.

    I do mail merges in Word using Access queries as my data source. They work without problems, except... When I go to "Select Recipient", the window that shows me the fields in my query shows the columns in the wrong order. My Access queries all have the customer name in the first column on the left. But when I pull up the "Select Recipient" window, the customer name is several columns over to the right, and I have to scroll way over to find it and select the correct customer.

    I've tried dragging the customer name field back to the left, but that change gets lost when I close the merge document so I have to redo it every time.
    How can I make the "Select Recipient" column order be the same as my Access Query column order?


    mmselect2.jpg



  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Posts
    5,055
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 417 Times in 346 Posts
    Presumably, Word is getting the data structure from the database, not from a Query.
    Cheers,

    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

  3. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have finally found discussion of this problem, and a putative solution, at this link:

    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Microsoft...-columns-1.htm

    Update: The above solution worked. I'm going to mark this question "solved".
    Last edited by redpenner; 2016-10-17 at 15:13. Reason: Update

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •