3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect Win 10 AU failure

Making an image failed half way through, twice - the message "Partition 3 is not valid". Presently partition 1 is system reserved (none) 81.2 MB, Partition 2 NTFS primary 77.07GB and Partition 3 NTFS primary 331.1MB. Maybe partition 3 is no longer valid - a leftover from Win 7 or non-AU win 10 - currently I have ticked all three partitions on the "C" drive -should I untick partition 3 in the drives selected for imaging or would that make the image invalid as a backup.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Un-tick partition 3 and confirm the backup works. Now you can play.
    300MB sounds like the last bit of the disk that Windows couldn't add to the partition. Post a Disk Manager screen shot so we can see how it is configured.

cheers, Paul

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2016-10-14)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I have attached a disk management screen shot. I un-ticked partition 3 and successfully created an image - verification was also successful and I was able to view files in the mounted image, but without trying it out as a recovery I do not know if it would work - if it did not I would be in trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You could create an additional image using Windows system image, a system repair disk and set your computer to boot from CD/DVD and USB before the HDD and then you would have a fall back should the "partial" Macrium fail, but there's no point in creating an image if you feel you can't trust it - whatever the method.

I've always used Windows system image and it has never let me down.

I would test that the computer will boot from a system repair disk as I've experienced it ignoring it when fast start up was enabled.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2016-10-14 at 08:24.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2016-10-15)