New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Version 1607 created a new firewall problem.

I use the Synergy virtual keyboard/mouse program to let me use only one mouse and keyboard on multiple PCs at my desktop.
    Prior to the AU, Synergy only worked when I turned off my Private Profile in the Windows firewall.
    After the AU, I still have to turn off the Private Profile to use Synergy, but the problem is that Windows turns the Private Profile back on after a few seconds.

I've tried making an exception for the program's exe files and port, but nothing works but to turn off the Private Profile. Which Win10 turns back on.

So, if anyone is running Synergy on Win 10 AU, how did you get past this auto-run of the firewall?

Thanks
    I'm using synergy-v1.8.2-stable-36cd521-Windows-x64 across Windows 10, Windows 10 AU and Windows 7 devices and haven't had a problem except for SSL encryption, which appears to have been a problem for Synergy since it was introduced. I suspect the Synergy team are still working on this but, in the meantime, I disable SSL encryption (Edit > Settings).

synergy.png
    Click to enlarge

I don't consider this a risk as this is my own personal network, protected by both software (Windows) and hardware (router) firewalls from the outside, but YMMV.

I could have gone back to an older version without SSL encryption but the latest versions have much improved shared clipboard handling which lets me cut and paste files and folders not just between the Synergy host and clients but also directly to VMs running on a Synergy client. I'll be updating to synergy-v1.8.3-stable-db9181b-Windows-x64 in a few days or so.

Hope this helps...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you only using it between Windows computers or are there other OS's involved?

I use MS Garage Mouse-Without-Borders with a Win7 and Win10 computer. I used to use it with 2 Win7 machines and never had a single issue, but it glitches on a daily basis now that there is a Win10 computer in the mix. I suspect it is a networking and/or firewall issue related to the changes in networking in Win10.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMann
    I use the Synergy virtual keyboard/mouse program to let me use only one mouse and keyboard on multiple PCs at my desktop.
    Just so you know, Synergy have just released a new version that, hopefully, will finally fix the ongoing issue with SSL encryption (if that's a concern to you):

synergy_update.png
    Click to enlarge

Re: your current issue, on my Windows 10 AU PC I have both Private and Public profiles enabled in the Windows Firewall and have never had to change these settings.

Hope this helps...