New Lounger
    Lake Jackson, Texas, USA

Where are Edge Favorites?

Where (what folder) are Edge Favorites? (after the Fall 'upgrade').
    This laptop, purchased in January 2016, came with Win10. I found the Favorites and used a shortcut to that folder.
    Then, the Fall 'Upgrade' happened. That Favorites folder is now empty.
    Where is the new Favorites folder?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't start Edge directly. Instead, I go to my Favorites folder and double click on the Favorite I want to go to.
    Without that Favorites folder, I would have to start Edge on it's 'Home' page, then navigate through the Favorites to find the one I want. Seems silly to have to start the Home page first, then go to the one I really want. Does everybody do that? What am I missing?

Super Moderator
    New England
    The first version of Edge stored the favorites as files, just like Internet Explorer did. So, you could use the File Explorer (plus some registry tweaks) to add, delete, rename files to manage your favorites. Although Edge could import favorites from other browsers, it could not export them.

After the "November Update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer stores them as files the way the used to be, and instead uses an internal Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database to store favorites. So, this means that you can no longer use the File Explorer to manage your favorites. The location of this database file is buried 15 folders deep... it's at:
    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft .MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\
    MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\ 120712-0049\DBStore\spartan.edb

Manage Edge Favorites: EdgeManage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

BHarder (2016-10-16)