New Lounger
    Thanks

computer stopped seeing my camera (USB issue?)

I can no longer transfer pics from camera to computer. When I plug camera into computer nothing happens. it used to work fine and ive made no changes. Except for the latest win security update. Not sure if my issue started right after that, but maybe.

canon powershot a520. win7 sp1 with all security updates. Not using the canon picture software. Just plug in the usb cable, then see the camera in win explorer, drag the pic files to HDD, delete them from the camera then turn off the camera and unplug it. Been doing this for years. The last few times I had to turn the camera off and on a few times before I saw it in win explorer, now even that wont work anymore.

Last time I charged my cell from the usb cable a few days ago I got the attached notice, but it still charged, so I forgot about it. I just now plugged the cell into usb and got this again. I never saw this notice previously when charging my cell.

Please help me. I need my pics,
    pa
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Boot up into Safe Mode and use your restore points back to before the updates to eliminate those as the cause.

If still a no go then go Start - type devmgmt.msc and press enter - click on View/show hidden devices - look for any yellow alerts then expand USB Controllers - check for any yellow alerts or Unknown Devices.

Right click on the USB Root Hubs and select Uninstall.

If you are using an USB mouse and you uninstall the one for that, you can power shutdown and it will be reinstalled on the reboot as will the others.

Thanks
    @ paulmars

Run the following commands in an elevated command prompt (Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools, right-click "Command Prompt" then click "Run as Administrator"):

SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
    (enter)

START DEVMGMT.MSC
    (enter)

A "Device Manager" window will open, click "Show Hidden Devices" in the View menu.

You can now uninstall any invalid/disconnected devices.

Once you have finished uninstalling devices restart the computer; Windows should re-install any devices as necessary (but might prompt for driver software).

WARNING: exercise caution, particularly with removal of sound, network, and non-plug'n'play devices; devices in these categories might be shown dimmed as if not present but are nevertheless needed for the parent device to function correctly.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the issue with the camera. Although the cell phone still gets that notice, which does not stop it from charging, which is all that I need.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Would you care to enlighten us as to what the problem was

New Lounger
    Thanks
    wiggle the button on the camera. if need be, wiggle it again. repeat as needed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanks

Thanks
    looks like this is posted elsewhere also https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...59341748746160