Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Problem Reinstalling Win 7 Pro-URGENT help needed

I am trying to perform a clean reinstall of Win 7 Pro 64 bit with SP1, but as soon as the Win 7 Pro logo appears the keyboard light goes out so I cannot enter my user name or computer name. I chose the same keyboard as I had before, US International.

I also tried booting from my Macrium Reflect recovery disk, but was told BOOTMGR is missing.

URGENT help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    I'm assuming you have a desktop with both PS/2 and usb ports for keyboard and mouse. Do you have access to PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse for testing?
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you already have Win 7 on this machine, see how you go by booting up with a System Repair Disk to navigate to the Windows Recovery Environment to select Command Prompt - you could try Startup Repair but that has very little success.

At the cmd prompt enter bootrec where it will give you the options to try.

You would normally start with bootrec /fixmbr but there are others to try after.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/comma...r-boot-records

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo 15, I tried everything you mentioned but without success. However, I finally discovered how to access the onscreen keyboard so I was finally able to enter my user and computer names. However I still had the problem of not being able to burn any ISO files to DVDs, so rather than using the clean install any further, which would have meant reinstalling all my programs, I used Macrium Reflect to create a boot recovery option, restarted and booted to the Macrium Recovery environment. I was then able to restore Win 7 from my latest completely up to date backup.

I still have the ISO files problem.
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Tell me more about ISO situation; let's start a new thread You and I, having had, or having now, ISO burning problems -- can perhaps help each other. Right now, I am not having problems, however, before I waste your time assuming things -- in the new thread, let's swap details of past ISO and present ISO downloading, burning, booting. Don't forget to link that new thread in here, being at school, I do not always find the new threads.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I bought a better brand of DVDs, and they solved the .iso file burning problem.

The only problem I have now is that the Windows Features box does not populate.

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    RolandJS, your post #5 did not appear on my machine until after my post #6. The problem I had before buying better blank DVDs was that all attempts to burn .iso files failed with the calibration area is full error.

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    royw, that was a solution for me also long ago -- buy better quality blanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I've just responded in your other thread before I saw your ISO burn solution on here.

Better disks had come to mind but I'd assumed you were able to burn disks with the ones you had prior to your disk drive problem.

I always use Verbatim now but have also used Maxell in the past without problems.