2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Explorer menu bar missing

I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.14393 (according to winver), the 32 bit edition. Today I was scanning some documents using Windows Fax and Scanner. all went well until I wasn't looking and somehow or other ended up killing the normal menu lint in Windows Explorer and now have only the quick lint at the top. It shows the following groups: clipboard, organising, open and select (not sure if my translations into English are entirely correct). But the usual Menu lint with Start-Insert etc seems to be gone. From the File menu I have already tried Map and Search options, Always show menu's, but that does not help. How do I restore the normal lint?
    I use Windows Explorer extensively, this is a real problem for me.
    Thanks in advance for any help given.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    To expand the ribbon, click the small down-arrow next to the "?" help icon at top-right. Or press Ctrl+F1.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    To expand the ribbon, click the small down-arrow next to the "?" help icon at top-right. Or press Ctrl+F1.
    Thank you for your prompt reply. Pressing the small Arrow only hides the lint which is there. This lint contains 3 groups, Location, Network and System. I am looking for the lint that shows all of the normal functions used regularly. Does this explain my problem more clearly?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Location, Network and System are shown under Computer on the ribbon when you have This PC selected. If you select a folder or file, the main Home section of the ribbon should be automatically redisplayed.
    Last edited by BruceR; 2016-10-18 at 10:25.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Location, Network and System are shown under Computer on the ribbon when you have This PC selected. If you select a folder or file, the main Home section of the ribbon should be automatically redisplayed.
    I wish! When I open a folder or file, I still see only the ribbon for Clipbord, Organisation, New, Open, Select. How do I get to the main Home section of the ribbon? If I go to the ribbon for the screen I still do not see any way to get this back. Under the File menu there used to be a menu called Options, and from there I could modify the ribbon. But now that too is gone.

Thanks
    Try positioning the mouse cursor on the ribbon and the roll the mouse wheel up and down. The Options Menu can also be accessed via Control Panel > File Explorer Options >

Jerry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

BruceR (2016-10-18)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I tried this but it does not do what I need to have done. If I use the scroll on my mouse, I can see two different lints. One shows the clipboard-organisation-new-open-select and the other only has send and share groups. The options menu that I can get to is not the one that will allow me to edit the lint. It's almost as if I have somehow deleted certain groups from the lint, including the group that I need in order to edit the lint.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MauryS View Post
    One shows the clipboard-organisation-new-open-select
    That is the main Home tab, so I don't understand what you can't access.

Get to know File Explorer's Ribbon toolbar in Windows 10

Get to know File Explorer's Contextual tabs in Windows 10

It's almost as if I have somehow deleted certain groups from the lint, including the group that I need in order to edit the lint.
    It's not possible to edit the ribbon.
    Last edited by BruceR; 2016-10-18 at 16:16.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's most embarassing, but I strongly suspect you are quite right. After my last post I went to my wife's pc and got the same menu's. Let's just sat I was having a very early "senior moment". Thnaks for your patience and help (said with a very embarassed look on my face.)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Let's just sat I was having a very early "senior moment".
    I get more of those every day.