5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

"A New Version of OneNote is Available"

OK, I'm getting really ticked off with Microsoft's sneaky tactics.

I've used Office 2010 for many years now and have no interest in updating to a newer version, and Microsoft has let that lie, until recently. Lately, when I open OneNote, I get this popup message cheerfully telling me that there is a new version of OneNote available and all I have to do is click the Upgrade button. Gosh, who wouldn't want to get a free upgraded version of OneNote?

Well, this new "free" upgrade version of OneNote is the same f*ing crippleware they have been giving away this year. It really p*sses me off that they are trying to get me to give up my full-function 2010 version for something that's tethered to OneDrive. They've been pulling this routine for well over a year now, previously it was for the 2013 version which was just as crippled. It's unclear why I only started getting this message in the past couple months.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    GSmith - I tried OneNote 2016, but have managed to back down to 2010 or 2013; couldn't see what the fuss was all about with the new version. Some people seem to let it rule their lives; I can't see it.