Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Modules Installer Worker, and TiWorker.exe, pain in the rear end, eats up CPU, recently

WHAT the heck is Windows Module Installer Worker, and TiWorker, and WHY do they EAT UP my CPU, even though UPDATES and windows STORE are up to date????
    This has only been an isue since recent anniversary update, and windows update stuff has been getting worse and worse

I have an HP Spectre X360, 8 gig memory, 256 gig ssd drive, clean machine, minimal bloat software or other stuff.
    I was ecstatic with this machine, good battery life, etc.
    have had it for about 1 year since windows 10 came out

BUT, since the anniverseary update, it has been louder, and I noticed it especially today, fan was SCREAMING, and i went ot task manager, and the WINDOWS MODULE INSTALLER crap was eating up the CPU !!
    My updates are current, and teh STORE is not downloading anything

I searched on internet, did the sfc/ scannow stuff, etc, etc, etc

no problems noted

I found that if I start using the machine, with the mouse and keyboard, the module installer stops eating up cpu but if i then let it be inactive, the beast returns, and the fan speeds up

any help appreciated

Thanks
    WINDOWS MODULE INSTALLER is related to Windows Updates. If you google it you will see a lot of hit's with the problem you are experiencing.
    There are a couple of fixes here: http://www.itphobia.com/windows-modu...igh-cpu-usage/ But make sure you read the warning at the bottom of the page.