2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't reposition Firefox 49.0.2 window. What to do?

This morning I slid the Firefox window far to the left to be able to view it and LibreOffice at the same time. Now it's stuck there because there's no "grippy" area at the very top. So my choices are full screen or can't-read-the-left-half.

I solved it accidentally. But now the question becomes: the "grippy" area is the second line down. The top line is the menu bar and the second line is the address bar. How do I either move the grippy up or reposition the 2 bars?
    Last edited by areader; 2016-10-29 at 12:46.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    AReader,

You can try CCleaner to clear the Windows Size/Position cache.

ccleaner windows pos.JPG

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    With Firefox running, hold down a SHIFT key and right-click on the Firefox icon in the Taskbar. Select the option to Move then use the arrow keys to move the Firefox window back to where you can grab it.

If you find that the Move option is greyed out, choose the Restore option first then SHIFT+right-click again and you should find the Move option is now active.

move_firefox.png

Hope this helps...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Corbett View Post
    With Firefox running, hold down a SHIFT key and right-click on the Firefox icon in the Taskbar. Select the option to Move then use the arrow keys to move the Firefox window back to where you can grab it.

If you find that the Move option is greyed out, choose the Restore option first then SHIFT+right-click again and you should find the Move option is now active.

move_firefox.png

Hope this helps...
    Please read the added last paragraph: I fixed the moving the window problem and now need to rearrange the menu bar and the address line.

Thanks
    Try right-clicking the blank space around the minimize, maximize, exit buttons and select Menu Bar.

firefx_add_menu.png

If that isn't to your liking, right-click the blank space around the minimize, maximize, exit buttons and select Customise. Then, at the bottom of the screen, click on Restore Defaults then Exit Customise buttons.

firefox-defaults.png

Hope this helps...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried both of those, and the menu bar reappears as the top line and the "grabby" line is still line 2. There's no option to rearrange them when I click customize. Next idea?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by areader View Post
    I tried both of those, and the menu bar reappears as the top line and the "grabby" line is still line 2. There's no option to rearrange them when I click customize. Next idea?
    I don't understand what you mean by the 'grabby' line. Can you post a screenshot showing this line?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can't move the Menu Bar, only switch it off: How do I move the menu bar? (Mozilla support)

(You don't need it, as you can always toggle it on/off with the Alt key.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The "grabby" line is the address bar line. If you right click it you can move the Firefox window around. I want it as the top line, or I want to make the menu bar line the one that lets you repostion the window. I thought it used to be that way. Now I'm not sure.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I know you don't need it, but I like having it there for quick access to the things I use most frequently.