5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Signon password for Win 10, forgotten/lost - how do I crack it?

I have my machines setup so that to get into Windows 10, a password is required. One of the machines was a laptop which I gave to my son after I had updated it to a new machine. I told him the password for the old laptop, but somehow he has forgotten it, or it has become corrupted. Regardless, I want to know if there is a way to get past the sign on password requirements, otherwise he cannot access anything that is on the computer at all.

Any insight or suggestions that anyone would care to share will be greatly appreciated.

Ron M

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try a search using "Offline Windows Password and Registry Editor by Petter Nordahl-Hagen". That tool hasn't been updated since 2014 but it should still work.
    There are other techniques online (which don't require downloading anything) if you search. And HowToGeek has a guide.
    Last edited by RockE; 2016-10-29 at 22:04.
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio