New Lounger
    Thanks

Backup software for server

I am looking for recommendations on backup software, I currently use Genie Soft. It works well but I am running into issues on the restore, gives me a error message when the restore path is too long, but its not.
    I have a USB drive I am using for central file storage until I can get a NAS going.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For the least cost, I'd suggest using free software (as an individual -- not a business) on each of your computers (Macrium Reflect, AOMEI Backupper Standard, etc.) until you get your NAS. Schedule each computer to backup at different times if necessary to minimize interaction.
    On the other hand, if you are encountering excessively long paths then perhaps you need to contact Genie-soft support. From an online search, it appears that they are now known as "Genie9".
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Path too long errors are not acceptable in backup software. Time to change.

When you say server, is this just a machine with shared files or Windows Server 20xx? If it's server software you will need a paid version of the backup software - the free versions are only for personal use.

cheers, Paul

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That's a partition manager, not a server backup program.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Weedhopper, I've edited both your posts, the software isn't free for servers.

(It's bad enough having to regularly delete the spam from their employees/affiliates, without new members doing their job for free.)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Didnt mean to cause you problem Satrow,,,I deleted the post. I wont post links to software anymore. Sorry,,,i do not want to be a problem.
    Last edited by Weedhopper; 2016-10-31 at 15:49.