New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Pre-selecting navigation control item

I have a number of forms in which I have a common navigation control. When I navigate from one form to another, I want the nav control to highlight the item associated with the form you're in. For example, I have a menu with options for Hardware, Software, Documents, and Drawings with a separate form for each. When I navigate to the Software form, I want to have its menu option selected much like the menu in this site. However, I don't see an option/property for either the navigationControl object or the navigation buttons to set the default item to a different option. How do I set it up so that each form displays with the correct option selected?

Chris

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Before we can make suggestions to help you, we need a bit more information. What platform are you developing from - Access, SQL Server, SharePoint,...? Also what version of that platform - 2010, 2013, 2016...? My suspicion is that you are using Access 2013 or Access 2016 and the Navigation Control form that comes with those versions, but I hesitate to reply based on a guess.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I am using MS Access 2010's forms.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    OK - that clarifies things. Have you seen this tutorial? Create A navigation form? If you have, the trick may be to use an unbound subform on your navigation form. And this Microsoft tutorial on forms may also help - Create navigation forms. The later applies to 2013 and 2016, but the concepts are essentially the same. Let us know if you are still stuck.
    Wendell